post 15 Feb 2013, 08:45
Post #1

Fenrik
Group: Members
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

hohoho! Tomorrow its a new beta period for this game. Im missed the last one, for some reason i didnt get beta access, yet i applied. its been few beta's for me lately, for some not obvious reason, that i dont understand. I guess its all random.

Anyway, i read that if you pre-order simcity you will get beta 16. feb. so im looking forward to this weekend.

I will report back here, and tell you all about it.

in the meantime Simcity

for those of you that care about city building simulator games! this is most likely going to affect my bf3 gametime, but hell, its just a few days wink.png

This post has been edited by svarstad: 15 Feb 2013, 08:46

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
merrin79
post 15 Feb 2013, 11:17
Post #2

Major
BF2: merrin79
BF BC2: merrin79

Always liked Sim City.
Is there a release date on it? For MAC its spring'13, but it didn't say anything about PC. Guess it will be spring until we get it as well, but i'm thinking you might have more info on it wink.png

--------------------
"Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another."

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 15 Feb 2013, 13:04
Post #3

Fenrik

pcgamer.com announced it to be 5th of march. so its not too many days left ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
ghahn
post 15 Feb 2013, 13:14
Post #4

Admin Group Leader
Group: Admin Group Leader
Clan: (www.)no-clan-zocker(.de)
Clan role: Admin

BF2: g_hahn
BF BC2: g_hahn

preordered it happy.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 15 Feb 2013, 13:40
Post #5

Fenrik

jepp, me to... did it this Tuesday grin.png

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Semphron
post 16 Feb 2013, 13:23
Post #6

Løytnant
Clan role: Svigersønn

BF2: Semphr0n

I've got SimCity 4 deluxe edition... always ends up in minus cry.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirLeite
post 16 Feb 2013, 13:25
Post #7

Head of Klagemuren
Group: Klagemur Moderatorer
BF2: SirLeite
BF BC2: SirLeite
BattleField 3: SirLeite

The New SimCity looks great. Looooong time since I have played it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 16 Feb 2013, 13:45
Post #8

Fenrik

Semphron

try to reduce the service radius on your public building, reduce the money invested in schools and hospitals etc...
that will save you alot of money, cause you dont need 5000 capacity if you only have 500 users of the service ;p try stick to coal in the start, then when you get high end industries and ppl and buisness you can try upgrade to more clean ways, to atract more high end. ;p

if youve tried this... and still going minus, dont invest in metro unless its your only way to get ppl from a to b... i put of toll station instead, and parking garage, and buss services. you need to study the habits of your sims, to know there the smartest places to put up toll stations, and garages and buss/train services...

theese steps may make it easier to go green in the budget. Also, you can cut expenses in power and water upkeep, if you have over production, or build a city in the neightbor area and sell surplus to him .

btw, i havnt recieved my beta access code yet, so im in a bit of a panic ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 17 Feb 2013, 02:25
Post #9

Fenrik

ok, this is my impression of simcity 5...

Fantastic, but abit small cities? the system works great, the comunity building, the schools the hospital all is working flawless, i think. Toobad there isnt open all the building, and you are limted to play only 1 hour each town.
Simutaltion of buss, fire garbage etc. is very good, and well planed, i cant wait until 5th of march to play it with all the buildings ;p

The game

You start by connect to the interstate highway, where all the imigrants ;p arrive. You mainly build roads, and the zone (for free) residental, commercial or industry. You build a power station and water plant, all infrastructure follow the roads, and no need for furhter buldings of pipes and powerlines.
After your citizens has started to arrive, you need school, whome you can upgrade, from 250 pupils to 950 or soo... school bus system, easy and automatic. You just place the stops, and do not have to worry about routes, same with buss system. Fire station, police station and hospitals can be upgraded, with number of vehicle and capacity on hospital and cells for criminals. You can send emergency vehicle to neighbors if needed, and you got some to spare, ico disasters or other.

After youve gotten the basics in place, you should start specializing you city... you can choose between several types, like casion, tech, mining, etc. this will form your citiy's further development. and give you opertunities. After you have establised more cities in the region, you can co-op on a region project, space lauchpad, archeolgoy project or others. This costs alot of money ;p but gives great benefits. You can eighter play all the cities in the region alone, with friend, or open to the public. But keep in mind, that lack of police in one town might affect other towns crimerates aswell. Also polution etc. etc.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...4865&type=1

This is the basics of the game, there isnt much more i want to say, to avoid make the post aons long.
you can read @ simcity and watch videos. You should consider buy the game, it looks great grin.png Best city builder ever, i will say, and its only in second beta ;p i havent been able to play it all, yet.

This post has been edited by svarstad: 17 Feb 2013, 09:21

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
ghahn
post 17 Feb 2013, 13:52
Post #10

Admin Group Leader

Hmm, I was really disappointed about this game and cancelled my preorder.
I can't see much new things that will explain to give them so much money.

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 17 Feb 2013, 18:29
Post #11

Fenrik

what didnt you like, or miss?

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Atad606
post 21 Feb 2013, 16:11
Post #12

Game Admin
Group: BF BC2 Admin
BF2: Atad606
BF BC2: Atad606

I really enjoyed the beta and I'm looking forward to the release of the game. Anyone know how many people can play together in one region?

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 21 Feb 2013, 17:36
Post #13

Fenrik

no, maybe dependent of number of cities in the region? or you can also coop your city, so, i really not sure. We should make a battle.no region ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Atad606
post 21 Feb 2013, 17:42
Post #14

Game Admin
Group: BF BC2 Admin
BF2: Atad606
BF BC2: Atad606

Then we'll just have to wait and see. Battle region sounds fun! happy.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghahn
post 21 Feb 2013, 17:50
Post #15

Admin Group Leader

QUOTE (svarstad @ 17 Feb 2013, 18:29) *
what didnt you like, or miss?

In first it's the price of more than 50€. But I think thats normal today, undependent how good a game is or should be.
Then the graphic is not sooo good as I expected.
Also there is not so much new in order to earlier parts of the game.
And that's at least the main reason I will not buy this game now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 21 Feb 2013, 18:07
Post #16

Fenrik

what game do you compare it with?

hospitals, school police and fire works alot better. intoduce a better way to build them. Waste from water production with needed building to get rid of it. Public transportation, was better. and easier to manage. (simcity4 a buss stop takes the same space as a small park :/ ). And also its easier to see what is happening in your city, and therefor manage it better. You can borrow emergency services from neightbor cities, and alot of other services. Coop to build monument.

and soo there is the specialization mode. Gambler city, mining city, industry city etc... There is a lot of new things way to do things. There are limited of things you can do to add new things in the city. when a city is build in a certain way, i dont like futuristic games, and it just might be that, if they where going to add new stuff. if thats the way you wanted to go. Anno 2070 is on the edge of what i can handle of futuristic ;p
i didnt get the feeling those 10 hours i played it, that i had played it before. and that is a good thing.

but it was kind of expansive. i agree with you there. in norway it costs 80€ for the digital deulxe edition, that i bought
but hey, ive payed close to 100€ for battlefield3 game + Dlc's soo, im sort of crazy, and not a good person to compare with ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
ghahn
post 21 Feb 2013, 23:36
Post #17

Admin Group Leader

I've written what I don't like and thats it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 22 Feb 2013, 08:48
Post #18

Fenrik

what do you think of the norwegian price of it? it a bit sick.

i played citiesXL the few last years also, but there is no other transportation than buss, with limited capacity, and metro, very expensive high capacity. Also you zone low wealth med wealth and high wealth and low, medium and high density zones, so that it doesnt matter how you evolve your city with hard work. you just zone for it. well there are pros and cons there too. It was fun, og a big scale, but it lacked basic things. And you could build a multipurpose center instead of hostipal and rescue. But trafikk are basicly jammed all the time. Even i built 6+6 lane highway (2x 3+3 oneway streets) and with good buss and metro it still got jammed. The next step to build highway, but it so expansive to run, it cost 30k in upkeep for one road, half the map. and that was too much for my economy :/

anyway, i would recommand citiesXL if you want to check out another citybuilder gamer. its scale is alot bigger, atleast. but i didnt like it so much. I was trilled, when i saw simcity was going to make a new game, and i got a offer to upgrade for 20€ to version 2013 but i didnt ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
ghahn
post 5 Mar 2013, 11:45
Post #19

Admin Group Leader

Here is another video with some reasons NOT TO BUY this game happy.png

This post has been edited by ghahn: 5 Mar 2013, 11:48

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vti-B16A2
post 5 Mar 2013, 18:39
Post #20

Game Admin
Group: BF3 Admin
Clan: HV016
Clan role: Viljmann

BF2: Vti-B16A2
BF BC2: Vti-B16a2
BattleField 3: Vti-B16a2

Just preordered the game on origin happy.png
realese today right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 00:40
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.