post 15 Feb 2013, 13:39
Post #1

Fenrik
Group: Members
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

Its been a lot of writing, and not particular positive writing, about bf3. There are hordes of veterans that are dissatisfied about design, color, modes, weapon, promises, features etc.. Forums have been destroyed do to the "dissatisfactory of this dominating fan group.
How can Dice then, deliver a new game in the same series, and only 9months from now? Is this a product to be able to release a new shooter simultaneously with the release of PS4 and Xbox720(? not confirmed name?)
Then we can ask ourselves, will it be any different, with bf4, than bf3 if its release is synchronized with console release?

I think majority of the veteran fans will expect bf4 to be a true sequel to bf2, but in fact you will get another console port. For the ppl that want a true pc game, stop dreaming, its never going to happen again. The age of PC is over, and the age of console have taken over. This is true, not many games from big developer now, is solely pc games. Its a fact, and you all know it.

But i dont want to kill your hopes, you can always hope, that they will come to their senses and make two games, one for console and one for pc. Because, we all know, that if you make one game, its going to be good on console, and amputated on PC.

That said, i love bf3, the best battlefield ever. And im sure bf4 will be as great, or even greater then its prequels. But not for the veterans with too high demands from the past, and too much hope for the future. A company needs to earn money, and the money isnt in PC games. The money is located in console games. Though, its the truth, it also makes me sad.

Im, as ive said, sure bf4 will be a great game, and im going to play like 200++ hours. im looking forward to it, and in the meantime ill play bf3, like there is no tomorrow tongue.gif

What do you think about the past, present and future? (please, do not make this a whine post... state your opinion in one post)

what will Dice give in the 4th edition of the true bf series? what will we not have? what features will be added or removed from bf3, will something from the past re-appear? enjoy your last 10mounths of bf3 until nr4 arrives ;P

for those who wonder about if im a veteran...? yes, indeed. Ive played since release of bf1942 with epic loading music!

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BearH
post 15 Feb 2013, 15:03
Post #2

Major
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/38878...or-performance/

And what will Danger Close do now that MoH is put on hold for some years?
We have had BC2-MoH-BF3-MOHWF-BF4- and then what?

Maybe DC can contribute do a decent version of BF4? Or maybe BC3?

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 15 Feb 2013, 15:26
Post #3

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

My opinion, for the next decade we probaly get watered down console ports, BF4 wont be any better then BF3, BF5 not either.
Look what happened to CoD, a great pc game, now every year new CoD, and see what it have become.

But i think history will repeat itself, its going downwards with the consoles (care to check the hardware for the next xbox and PS). Somewhere there will be a turnpoint again and pc gaming will take over. Just look in the past (90's).

Oh and, ppl have bin screaming pc gaming is dying since the early 80's.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR...6bXmRtMDM4cSnx_

This post has been edited by Aggressor: 15 Feb 2013, 15:37

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 15 Feb 2013, 15:40
Post #4

Fenrik
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

yes, you are absolutely correct, the trouble for pc is that there are no License holders to sell rights to, so you sell your exclusive right to the console, then you sell expensive game to the costumer...
pc games are in addition to this almost half price. i can understand why they prefer console. i dont know, but i dont think the license fee for software rights for making game for console is that high that they end up loose money, if the not do it this way, maybe someone knows this?

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
BearH
post 15 Feb 2013, 17:15
Post #5

Major
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

Will BF4 be optimized for PS3/Xbox360 or PS4/xbox720 I wonder.
PS4 was supposed to be announced next week I think.

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 15 Feb 2013, 17:24
Post #6

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

Yeah svarstad your right have to with licensing, goes alot of cost into that and also testing is more expensive cause MS and Sony set rules that devs have to keep on, something like that. And offc they optimize for console since the money is there, so that we wont see real gaming like BF2 was.

The PC is a open and free platform, whereas the console is a closed platform just like Apple IOS is till example, no freedom, MS and sony can always opt to release new firmware to add or remove features like the PS3's ability to run linux got removed. On pc you have all the freedom, offc disadvante are more cheats, hackers and piracy, this concludes on the pc, you HAVE to release quality games, otherwise pc ppl dont bother buying it just for the singleplayer if the MP sucks anyway. The bar is just laying higher, less tolerant etc.
Hope you understand what i mean, im just explaining in short.

BearH, you can imagine they have to, its not DICE's choice, EA wants them to. Console titels sell 10 times as much as pc so do the math...
BF4 will be just like BF3, some cosmetic changes and some new maps, and lotsa DLC where you have to pay for to get the full BF4 experience, or whatever to call it lol.
Developing a good game cost time, now its each year a new BF like CoD, while their still good games, they wont come close to what 1942 and BF2 where.

Same for UT99, quake 3, dues ex, CoD, medal of honour, HL1, Half life 2, red alert etc, list go on, all that is quality of the past and wont be seen anytime soon aslong as devs focus on the consoles. So in the end its not the consoles fault but its public and the developers and publishers themselfs. Aslong people keep buying a new CoD every month with just a letter change from CoD 5 till 6, tja...

This post has been edited by Aggressor: 15 Feb 2013, 17:27

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------

+Quote Post
NoobiCake
post 16 Feb 2013, 22:39
Post #7

Rekrutt
Group: New members
Clan: NerdHQ
Clan role: Leader

BF2: NoobiCake
BF BC2: NoobiCake
BattleField 3: NoobiCake

QUOTE (BearH'Hiz0ne @ 15 Feb 2013, 17:15) *
Will BF4 be optimized for PS3/Xbox360 or PS4/xbox720 I wonder.
PS4 was supposed to be announced next week I think.

The nextgen consoles will support 60fps, old console are stuck on 30fps.
And Battlefield 4 will use 80% of Frostbite 2.

Here are some more information about Battlefield 4: Here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2018 - 17:18
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.