Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The True Story of Battlefield 3, the Battlefield Franchise, Its Community, & EA/DICE
BearH
post 14 Feb 2013, 11:23
Post #1

Major
Group: Members
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

I think you should read this. Its a loooong thread, including comments from DICE/EA employees. Bring som food and drink, put on some music and enjoy. If you feel this remotely interesting.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?388...ity-amp-EA-DICE

Thanks to Lodden1 aka LDD1 and so on...(old dear member og this community wink.png ) for bringing me, amongst others, this to attention.

//BearH

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 14 Feb 2013, 16:03
Post #2

Fenrik
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

its very well summed up, good topic. Tobad though, it seems to this mostly ppl write about bf3.

i miss him mention some good things about bf3. he is talking for 20min about what sucks compared to bf2, and sums it up in comorose, commander, and maps design. And he also mention he feels himself tricked.

im dissapointed aswell, as a veteran player, im entitle to a voice. I live Bf3, its the best shooter ever. if i could choose between all bf games, ill choose bf3. because its a better game. Ofc its alot that doesnt give me the bf2 wibes, but anyway, its a good game. Game mechanics. entertainment. Far more superior to COD, still with all its flaws.

i miss him mention some good things about bf3. as i said. This isnt such a bad game, that it doesnt deserve to have this negative flow over it. Its a good game, and i, as a bf veteran (1942 + + + (not op eagle)) think so.. and hell. Alot of those saying that is a bad game, have played over 100hours of it... i will add, that it usually takes 20hours to walk thru storymode in any game. how can you play 100 hours of a game that is so bad, that there is nothing good to mention about it?
is it all bad then? if you can play so many hours? im just asking, like the topic starter said what n00bs tells the veterans ;p "dont be so negative?" ;p
i got bf1942 bf2 bf2142 bfbc2 and bf3 install, and there is plenty to play with in either game, but i choose to play bf3, that makes it the best game of those!

that said, i hope bf4 have commander. I love commander ;p im an epic commander, for those of you that knew me from bf2 ;p lol

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 15 Feb 2013, 15:43
Post #3

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

Thought i had replied here yesterday my mind is tricking me probally grin.png
As i understood DICE started develop BF3 for pc and after almost halfway they decided to go all console, dont remember exact reasons but we can guess its financial, its better to develop for two platforms then just optimize for one.

LAN support is a big miss too, a feature that most modern games lack these days.

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 15 Feb 2013, 15:55
Post #4

Fenrik

"LAN support is a big miss too, a feature that most modern games lack these days. "

i agree totally !!

i want back LAN support! ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 15 Feb 2013, 17:35
Post #5

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

Yeah its cause console games never nativly supported that, and to prevent further piracy, but damn i miss those days. For example BF2 you could create a dedicated lan server to practice on a LAN party with your friends or clan, now you have to hire a server for those purposes.

Same for the BF3 menu, the idea is great i think, but to be honest i liked the ingame menu from BF2 much more, even though it had its errors. The whole concept of this new menu thingy doesnt seem so popular either amongst other developers.

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------

+Quote Post
BearH
post 19 Feb 2013, 23:12
Post #6

Major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwVXvn0wzlg...be_gdata_player

this vid is from a former cs pro. now a sucsessful youtuber streaming DayZ and BF3. ++

I agree 100% with Jack here. For me this is important and something to think about when rebuilding a gaming community happy.png

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
gummirev
post 19 Feb 2013, 23:16
Post #7

Løytnant
Clan: Soldiers of Resurrection
Clan role: Superfragger

BF BC2: Gummirev

QUOTE (BearH'Hiz0ne @ 19 Feb 2013, 23:12) *

this vid is from a former cs pro. now a sucsessful youtuber streaming DayZ and BF3. ++

I agree 100% with Jack here. For me this is important and something to think about when rebuilding a gaming community happy.png

LOL, the video have 301 views, and 1793 likes atm xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
BearH
post 20 Feb 2013, 10:34
Post #8

Major

19,971 viewers!
Like 3,716 Dislike 61

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jetsc
post 20 Feb 2013, 19:10
Post #9

Kaptein

QUOTE (BearH'Hiz0ne @ 19 Feb 2013, 23:12) *

You agree 100% with Jack?

- "Vehicles does not fit in competitive gaming"
- "Battlefield has never been for competitive gaming"
- "Battlefield is a public-based game, where you fool around and have fun"
- "Try out new gamemodes, like search and destroy from CoD"
- "Make smaller maps, for 5v5 matches"
- "Large maps with vehicles doesn't fit with competitive gaming"

BITCH PLEASE..... happy.png

--------------------

R.I.P Haxzr.

(Look, I didn't put an end bracket, we're stuck in a never-ending vortex of words!

+Quote Post
BearH
post 20 Feb 2013, 20:19
Post #10

Major

Compared with games that have had the most viewers and pricemoney. YES.
Even though we have had competitive gaming with large maps and HW like UN 8v8 and SAW 12v12, doesnt mean it's ideal.

Bigwar aka battle.no vs Gotland isnt competitive gaming. (compared to games mentioned in the vid)

And why bother what I think, since it seems you have used some time to find the quotes i a video longer than 30mins?
What do you think Jetscanner?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jetsc
post 20 Feb 2013, 20:48
Post #11

Kaptein

Why the hostility?

If you would like to know, I had a discussion about it, just as i came across your post here. And - I - do think DICE should aim more towards vehicle teamplay as the older games focused on, not the small sized maps like in the latest modern shooters.

And I do care about what you think of the matter, hence the post. This is a forum, after all wink.png

--------------------

R.I.P Haxzr.

(Look, I didn't put an end bracket, we're stuck in a never-ending vortex of words!

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 20 Feb 2013, 21:00
Post #12

Fenrik

ofc tanks and bigger maps more players, fit in competitive gaming! give me a reason why not?
ive been playing bf, competitive, for years!

This post has been edited by svarstad: 20 Feb 2013, 21:01

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
BearH
post 20 Feb 2013, 22:30
Post #13

Major

no hostility here jetsc, then you are misunderstanding what I'm writing.
I love HW-matches. I loved the heli i BF2(1000 hrs on Dalian alone can confirm that.

But adding hw to the scene aquire balance. Maps in BF3 has no balance, imo.
If theres no balance the team with the best pilot wins, others will just be food for HW. This is set to extreme as an example. 5th div UpNorth does not stand out as a good measure on this.

Jack is talking about 1million dollar reward sponsored in Lan-events as a pre-release-stunt for ex BF4....
Why do I want BF3, 4 or 5 to be as popular as CS, LOL, Starcraft? Because more will actually play the game, rather than just buy it and play it for 2 months and then leave it beacause its crap.

ofc tanks and bigger maps more players, fit in competitive gaming! give me a reason why not?
ive been playing bf, competitive, for years!

It fits for competitive gaming, it does not for for BF3 as it is now(and since release).

Would a more popular BF4 worldwide with ability to stream, spectate, moviemaking in freecam and 3rd person make battle.no worth putting hrs into? I think so.
Can we do i battle.no better than it has been with BF3(and other games aswell) as it is now? I think so, but it demands more effort.

Why not ask for something better? why settle with what you get? If there was no people like JackFrags in this vid, and guys making posts like on Mordor and Cadred, than all games will be alike in the end.

(PS: JackFrags has never played BF2, at least when he talk about Battlefield, it implies BFBC2----------->BF3)

"Cheese is not Cheese, there are different kind of cheese, and Jarlsberg is the best!" (?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 20 Feb 2013, 23:14
Post #14

Fenrik

samma d vel, jeg kjøpte no gulost ;p
hahaha

yes, in that case, i was just defending the fact that the game not need to be 5v5 on 2min match to be competitive...
actually, adding HW gives it a more strategic approch. like RTS games. Only as FPS. and i like that.
i remember the BW in bf2, i remember the 12v12, it was the highlight of the week, beeing commander. I loved it!

bf3 should actually add more strategic gameplay, since you where able to blow thru the walls. but without controlling tools, with out spectate, i agree with bear, it hard to make it popular enough to feed the Esport community.
That aside. The game itself, "lonewolfing" is great, or with up to 4 friends. its great. It was also fun to play clan matches... but it doesnt take the step, to epsort. bf3 doesnt cross that line. too bad. maybe next game will.

Anyway, i think www.battle.no is going to be what ever we want it to be. and i want it to be great, regardless of ppl hating or loving the new editions of battlefield ;p
hey! ive played 300 hours soon. and thats compared to bc2 450 (late buy and bf2 3000 hours) its the most played games i got. of all "svarstad gaming history"
i played 450 hours of bc2, and i didnt buy it at the start. and i played over 3000 hours of bf2. And i dont know how many hours i played bf1942. The fact is, bf3 is greatest yet. for entertainment purpose. But for competition purpose, its the worst. sorry. but it doesnt say that the game suck, it only wasnt made for that kind of gaming. and it doesnt say that hw or bigmaps, or 12 players arent good for competition. YES they are, i know, cause ive played in several! and watch them on National TV.

try to enjoy your game, i do, regardless of im dissapointed or not. just face it, what am i going to play if not bf? when i want to play FPS?

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Jetsc
post 20 Feb 2013, 23:21
Post #15

Kaptein

I think we need to differentiate between Land and Air hw. Having jets in competitive matches needs much more manpower to be balanced, than without. Especially in Bf3.

As in bf2, with a heli and a tank, you dont need more than 8 men to have a balanced game, and i think that is something they should look back at, and maybe implement in bf3 (or bf4). When I hear 'Battlefield' and 'competitive', I dont exactly think of a 5v5 match on a tiny cod-like map without vehicles, everyone playing the same class, and nor should I ! (even though ive played hella' lot of those in bf2)

Battlefield has always been about the big fights, over multiple platforms, air,land,sea etc. And I think theres just too much """""wrong""""" with Bf3 to get that. Maybe try to standardize a certain map size, game mode, number of players, along with spec mode would make it possible. But as it is today, I don't get why people even bother with competitive matches in Bf3

IMO BF=HW

--------------------

R.I.P Haxzr.

+Quote Post
BearH
post 20 Feb 2013, 23:32
Post #16

Major

thank you lars for writing so i dont have to. its hard to write on mobile when not having a cigarette in 6 weeks tongue.gif

i agree, just want ppl to not settle with what we have for the next game og bf. and trying to see what a good game with all what we want could do for a commuity like us.

good ideas for what to do right now with what we have is also welcome. i dont think anyone will get flamed in here for posting good ideas to rebuild battle.no

i see clan ppl in here reading the forums, ....hey, get your clanmates in here too!

:*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 02:41
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.