post 27 Feb 2013, 09:46
Post #1

Fenrik
Group: Members
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

ok, so lots of you have been disappointed that there is no commander in our bf3 game. And thats true. But, there is possible to be commander anyway. A commander is a person that are coordinating forces, giving information of the movements on the battlefield etc.

we got that in battlefield3. Its called Sniper features MAV. It works excellent. Off course, you dont have supplies and stuff, and no uav that can be placed somewhere. So its a more basic version. But it can be used very efficient in matches, ive used it against SoR and it was one of the times IC-returns actually almost won a round ;p
Again, i was Commander in bf2 clan also, so i know the differences. But im just saying. There is a commander, but he is more of a silent commander, and most player are not using that role to be a teamplayer, because its placed with the sniper, the most anti team element in battlefield, ever!! ;p but the fact is, that there is opportunity for whom that want it to take it a bit further.
Or atleast, you cant communicate with other than your friends anyway, but clan matches are amongst friends, so its not totally relevant.

i say, for you that miss commander, play more strategic sniper, and help your team mate with spotting the enemies. At least the ones that know how to use the map will find it helpful ;p

what do you think, its sort of true, and not true at the same time? You think the MAV is a supplement for the commander? I dont think so, but we can at least try to use it that way?

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johans
post 27 Feb 2013, 15:13
Post #2

Major
Clan: (www.)no-clan-zocker(.de)
Clan role: Zocker, Admin

BF2: Johans*NORDIC
BF BC2: Johans
BattleField 3: JohansNORDIC

i totally agree with what you wrote. its true and not true happy.png
true on the one hand, that the sniper can be used to be a great help for your team, just depends on the guy behind. spotting can be the last straw for one team to win, experienced it several times.
untrue on the other hand, the same statement goes for almost any vehicle (or even classes on small inf-maps). if theres really good people in some vehicles, they can turn a map.
generally i think, that a committed player, flying/driving/whatever, with just a few friends on ts can dominate the map. you hardly find anyone playing together for the team so thats gives you tremendous advantage.
nice teamplay combined with a recon (not a sniper wink.png ) spotting the enemies and you'll have won, almost happy.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
gummirev
post 27 Feb 2013, 15:25
Post #3

Løytnant
Clan: Soldiers of Resurrection
Clan role: Superfragger

BF BC2: Gummirev

MAV is not allowed in matches, Svarstad wink.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 27 Feb 2013, 15:34
Post #4

Fenrik

i think many miss this because, sniper (once a sniper always i camper, it doesnt help change to recon tongue.gif) is the most anti team play class in bf series ever. and many of the users of the sniper, therefor have no interest in mav or soflam or, whatever. And t-ugs, they put it out for their own benefit only. I like to see it from an other angle.

Commander was kind of OP in bf2 (it was a huge difference having a commander and not), and is now (with or without purpose from dice) split in parts:

T-Ugs. you are a close up combat commander. You place this "uav" in a small important sector to have max controll of it on the map (much like the UAV station in bf2)
Soflam is like a sector scan, you can scan the whole area in front of the soflams nose. but it also got a team aspect, to help take out hardware its like a CCTV camera you can be 2 places at once.
MAV that is like the eagle eye view in bf2, you just got max controll of what is happening and where ppl moving and where they are facing, in realtime. Also IR, no one can hide (its better than bf2) and you can
take out enemy equipment with it, like other mavs, tugs spawns soflam etc.

And then you got the ultimate team feature.... Mobile Spawnpoint. Offcourse, the snipers only use it to get back to the same exact spot they died, just to be killed again, from another camper sniper ;p hihihi

So you can see there is a commander, but its logic is hidden, not on purpose i supposed, i dont think dice wanted to make, sniper a semi commander ;p. Everyone know what equipment a sniper can spawn with. But do they think of it as a mini commander. Yes in bf2 there was a dedicated commander, and there was a purpose to help the team to victory. you got double points.

I say, there is a commander, and there isnt a commander i bf3, thats because, there is every possibility to play almost as a bf2 commander, but you dont get the epic score, you got before with 2x with team win.

Thats why i think and offcourse my earlier statement about features "hidden" not on purpose in the sniper class. (recon, sorry ;P)

ITs true, and its not true, no commander, but kinda commander? ;P

edit: btw, you missing the artillery strike? ask the support dude, if he brought his mortar ;p

and edit to gummirev: I know, commander wasnt allowed in inf matches in bf2 either, or the one i played, anyway. Only in the 8v8 and 12v12 matches.
And thats abit of the point, there is a bit of the point, isnt it. The community didnt want commander, thats why they banned the MAV? mainly because you could climb buildings i guess? ;p

This post has been edited by svarstad: 27 Feb 2013, 15:43

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 27 Feb 2013, 16:48
Post #5

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

You guys can always pray for it to come back in future BF games, thought in bf3 it was strapped thanks to the consoles, not sure though.

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------

+Quote Post
Aru
post 2 Mar 2013, 11:04
Post #6

Rekrutt
Group: New members
BF2: Aru.v2

No commander in BF3, sorry.

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 2 Mar 2013, 13:49
Post #7

Fenrik

did you read the thread? Aru?

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Aru
post 2 Mar 2013, 16:25
Post #8

Rekrutt
Group: New members
BF2: Aru.v2

Yeah, I did. It was like: Most useless kit in bf3 + some toy + random spot.

Then it went like:
ITs true, and its not true, no commander, but kinda commander? ;P

...and I was like:
No commander in BF3, sorry.

hug.gif

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 2 Mar 2013, 17:31
Post #9

Fenrik

i was hoping for a little more indept replay, about why you cant say that sniper is a mini commander in bf3.

yeah yeah, well well ;p

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
BearH
post 2 Mar 2013, 17:59
Post #10

Major
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

with no 3d spotting and a more useful minimap the commander could be liiiiiitle useful in a 8v8 or 12v12.

public. no.

but i like your side of the discussion Lars. You got some good points.

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2018 - 17:49
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.