Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Please read before posting

This forum section is for ENGLISH language only. Any new thread, posts or comments not respecting this will be removed on sight

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battle.no 2013
AggressorSweden
post 25 Feb 2013, 18:14
Post #21

Major
Group: BF3 Admin
BF2: AggressorSweden
BF BC2: F16_Aggressor

I agree with Grasli and Aru that the current state of BF isnt going to make it alone for battle, BF3 is what brought down the total amount of players.
Maybe indeed CS or arma or... Just something to try, and pray that battlefield will ever come back in the (near) future, cause thats what started TV2-Battle.

Ive heard that the new command & conquer is going to be just like BF3 (no LAN, pay for content, origin, etc) so that ones gone too.
Maybe warthunder hope it get something, keeping an eye out on it for sure.

Theres also games like Planetside which maybe people get their interest in more and more.

--------------------
Flyin' high
----------------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luuft
post 25 Feb 2013, 18:23
Post #22

Løytnant
Group: Members
Clan: Victrix Legion

Wow.. The FB site is actually there. happy.png

This post has been edited by Luuft: 25 Feb 2013, 18:24

+Quote Post
cri74
post 25 Feb 2013, 18:38
Post #23

Oberstløytnant
Clan: HeliX, Victrixlegion
Clan role: 92 - NK

BF2: Hx.cri74
BattleField 3: cri74cri

Not to put anyone down or to be negative, but to start up a community again means a lot of work....and i mean a LOT of work. Combined with this it has to be a understatement that the organisation skills and the people involved has a common goal. This tread can probably be a open idea and suggestions, but it has to be a common understanding that the work to bring the suggestions "into life" is a lot of time and effort. Probably a lot of frustrations too. I dont think the Facebook and battlelog is going to disappear, social gaming is on the rise, this also brings forums and communities into a new era - social gaming is changing and FB & BL is sometimes a challenge - not to say a competitor. A community also needs contacts and supporters, and a range of activities.

Streaming and news, active admins and sophisticated web experience is what new players are looking for - or gathered into by the game developers and publishers. This might be a way to think, maybe integrate it more into the website. Developers and publishers earn money for doing this, communities do it for the fun and interest of seeing it grow. For this to happen its has to be a common goal and a vision so everyone is working in the same direction. At the same time you have to compete with the best streamers and news writers, and the streams and news needs an angle to be different or supply gamers with something special. It seems the regular and somewhat default forum is not appealing enough to recruit new gamers into a community. On the top of all this, there needs to be a game or more to support the community. It seems BF3 is not that supportive to communities in general. The game is not bad at all, its great action and appeals to all ages really... so why are the servers empty and only the "good old guys" know what battle.no is? I think its a difficult question - a point maybe battlelog and how it works. When you log on, why do you choose one server before another - and why dont everyone play at TV2 - we all know it would be the best experience for any Battlefield 3 session.... dont we ?

This post has been edited by cri74: 25 Feb 2013, 18:43

--------------------

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 25 Feb 2013, 20:01
Post #24

Major

Very well put Cri, your right in all your points and im thinking the same on it. 'Problem' is that BF3 isnt so much of a community game for the hardcore. Dont know how to explain but, BF3 went more arcade like CoD (im not demoting the game, just the truth, its a nice game and all).

Like CS1.6 and Source were really games that quit hardcore with communities here and there and the Esport thingy etc. Games these days tend to go more console and social and DLC way, people play just only for fun, they dont see so much the need of community like battle. This was different with 1942/BF2 etc. I believe games like arma 3 might be more in that direction though.

People just open origin, open the website thing and press the server they see... its not like that anymore that people really want to go for one dedicated community to play on.
Now we have over 2000 slots, yet @ peak hours in a weekend its max 15 to 30 slots filled. Hell even BC2 is doing better for us on battle, more slots filled, with less servers.
If you ask me, we have to do something, if TV2 has a budget or not, its just a total waste with those amount of empty servers making those (still) expensive hours and bandtwith. Theres much of potentional in battle, and just like Cri describes it doesnt just come for nothing, work needs to be done on all levels.

If those 2300 slots arent filled now, they wont be either next week or next month, not with BF3 atleast. Something needs to be done.

--------------------
Flyin' high

+Quote Post
cri74
post 25 Feb 2013, 20:47
Post #25

Oberstløytnant
Clan: HeliX, Victrixlegion
Clan role: 92 - NK

BF2: Hx.cri74
BattleField 3: cri74cri

Yeah.. well, on the other side of things. Everyone is starting new communities all the time, and there are a lot of talented people around that likes to tinker and learn while building. If there is ever a "best place" to start something, it will be here at battle.no. The infrastructure is ready and with new (fresh) minds at work, where else to start something? The challenge is probably to gather them all and to give a formulated goal. The real reason why battle.no fell the last time was lack of structure and being able to gather interest in what should have been a real focus and goal for everyone (members and "workers")- together - with talent and a reason to produce "real things" for the community. Or it might be just the game thats wrong, but if BF4 is better then the community still has to be ready to welcome members and activities - the chances of somebody else picking up the slack is always there. The internet is much more "global" than it used to be back in the BF2/1942 and a server with good ping is everywhere, maybe thats why a community has to provide something more when everything else is equal.

I think if battle.no should have a seed that can grow again, it need to find out what it wants to be - then grow in that direction. It can be as simple as: We want to be a fun place for gamers to gather - thats a goal - then find out how to get there... whats fun, and how to provide it, then how to market it and let people know that battle.no IS a fun place to be happy.png (fun as an example - it can be much more goals and ways to reach them)

This post has been edited by cri74: 25 Feb 2013, 21:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
BearH
post 25 Feb 2013, 22:05
Post #26

Major
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

QUOTE (cri74 @ 25 Feb 2013, 20:47) *
I think if battle.no should have a seed that can grow again, it need to find out what it wants to be - then grow in that direction.

^^ this.

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
Sabumnim
post 25 Feb 2013, 22:09
Post #27

Leader
Group: Root Admin
BF2: Sabumnim
BF BC2: Sabumnim
BattleField 3: WTF-Sabumnim

QUOTE (cri74 @ 25 Feb 2013, 18:11) *
This would be the correct URL http://www.facebook.com/battle.no

Of course. My bad. I copied and pasted this on my phone.
See now it's m.facebook......

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 25 Feb 2013, 23:15
Post #28

Fenrik
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

we also got the group ;p

http://www.facebook.com/groups/26006164231/

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Aru
post 27 Feb 2013, 02:23
Post #29

Rekrutt
Group: New members
BF2: Aru.v2

http://2f4y.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum...&rowstart=0

+Quote Post
knutlb
post 27 Feb 2013, 08:42
Post #30

Fenrik
Clan: |DiaR|
Clan role: Clan Leader

BF2: knutlb
BF BC2: knutlb

If it is enough interest from members here we might be able to arrange a war.
I will make a poll about it.
EDIT: http://forum.battle.no/index.php?showtopic=49669

This post has been edited by knutlb: 27 Feb 2013, 08:46

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 27 Feb 2013, 16:45
Post #31

Major

Seems to be quit much alive BF2 for such an old game.

--------------------
Flyin' high

+Quote Post
Jetsc
post 1 Mar 2013, 14:54
Post #32

Kaptein

Go to the biggest battlefield communities and ask if they are interested in community-wars, both bf2 and bf3. Make other communities aware of battle.no again, and hopefully bring in new people + awareness to the this site!

--------------------

R.I.P Haxzr.

(Look, I didn't put an end bracket, we're stuck in a never-ending vortex of words!

+Quote Post
Smootherman
post 1 Mar 2013, 17:57
Post #33

Game Admin
Group: BF BC2 Admin
Clan: Boycott Gaming
BF2: {**|smootherman|**}
BF BC2: Smootherman

I guess it will be announced as soon as they are finished with the project happy.png

--------------------
Smootherman

03.11.09 - 18.03.10

+Quote Post
AggressorSweden
post 2 Mar 2013, 13:24
Post #34

Major

Try to talk about TV2's rise in some populated BF2/BF3 servers... people might directly take a look when a round goes bad.

--------------------
Flyin' high

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2018 - 01:28
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.