Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Please read before posting

This forum section is for ENGLISH language only. Any new thread, posts or comments not respecting this will be removed on sight

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battle.no 2013
Sabumnim
post 20 Feb 2013, 23:39
Post #1

Leader
Group: Root Admin
BF2: Sabumnim
BF BC2: Sabumnim
BattleField 3: WTF-Sabumnim

We are working towards a rebuild of battle.no 2013, and are therefor interrested in getting our members opinions on how you want "the new battle.no" to be.
Suggestions, ideas, inputs. All will be recieved with thanks and appreciation.
We are really trying to make this a place "for gamers, by gamers", and we need all of you to make this happen.

We build this "new version" block by block, and therefor the rebuild will take time, and we kindly ask for your patience.
Please try to keep this threat within this topic.

For those who are interrestet in beeing a part of this, please send an application here, and tell us how and where you could help out.

Thank you.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grasli
post 21 Feb 2013, 00:00
Post #2

Løytnant
Group: Members
Clan: HV016
Clan role: 2nd Boss

BF2: Grasli
BF BC2: Grasli
BattleField 3: Grasli

What do you mean by rebuild, in more details? Are you talking about the community-stuff or site-stuff? Please DON'T change the site design, this is the best with all the stuff needed (Klagemur, Servers view etc). The last site before shutdown didn't work at all.. tongue.gif wink.png

This post has been edited by Grasli: 21 Feb 2013, 00:04

--------------------

--> taken from old EA UK Forum <--
Good ol' times;

+Quote Post
BearH
post 21 Feb 2013, 01:34
Post #3

Major
Clan: .:SoR
Clan role: CL3

BF2: BearH.HisOne
BF BC2: BearH.HisOne

Both I'm sure happy.png
Commuity-stuff meaning all from servers to events, organisation, forum and so on.

This site needs at least an upgrade for funtionality, meaning the "look and feel" as it is now could easily be preserved.

I agree Grasli, the last attempt was slightliy too much away from what we had, witch for many defines as the identity of battle.no

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 21 Feb 2013, 09:45
Post #4

Fenrik
Clan: Soldier
Clan role: Resurected Soldier

BF2: L.Svarstad
BF BC2: Salvatoy

*I think you should preserve KM as it is today, its a fantastic tool/portal. and the personnel are doing a great job.
*I think you should continue having the portal with news and stuff. and a dedicated writer.
*suggest that we send newsletters, once a month to tell about our recent activities and change, and maybe even link to latest news, with a short summary (brødtekst).
personal servers inquiries ive posted in the other thread. but its important to do server scouting. and set one group of servers that are permanent, and one group that you can change according to whats popular now and then.
*Its important to be visible, the one that take part in the community and apply for positions, i think its important they show them self @ teamspeak, and also ingame. We all got different perspective, and different free time. But i think it shows more then anything "for gamers, by gamers", is relevant. hell, play one round, or 2. its all it takes, im sure of it tongue.gif Its a great way to be in touch with the community.
*AGL should maybe be dedicated gamers, ppl that basically are online all the time, in my opinion. (in any way, not online bf3 server i mean, but present, @ ts, or skype, any IM service really)
*admins, those who apply. should at least be demanded to invest some hours a week into be purely an administrator to the servers. (i feel that its not to much to ask)
*the way the forum works, have always been good, or i feel it that way. The moderators was doing a great job.
*as for the future battle.no needs events to boost activity, maybe sooner than later, some sort of, to make activity around our servers, and forum. i.e. community vs. admins events. BigWars, competitions (knife the president ;p) and maybe, on long term, we could bring back the TV2 cup. (i know its harder to fix a cup now, then in bf2, but hey, its possible grin.png)

i hope you this would be any help for you, and that helps to shape the new version of the battle.no

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Luuft
post 21 Feb 2013, 10:23
Post #5

Løytnant
Clan: Victrix Legion

Svarstad has a lot of nice stuff mentioned in his post. happy.png

I think that you must find a way to make battle.no attractive again. We could see a great lack of activity the last weeks before Battle.no shut down. Of course it is a portal for gamers, but there are other sites to choose between as well. I know Battlefield.no got some of this site's members when Battle shut down..
So, I think one of the biggest challenges may be to keep the community, especially the forum, active. Make Battle.no the primary option as a community for a gamer.
If possible you should advertise and say "Hey, we're back!" and pull both the old and new members back to this community happy.png

+Quote Post
Aru
post 22 Feb 2013, 05:41
Post #6

Rekrutt
Group: New members
BF2: Aru.v2

Keep your eyes closely on this game: http://warthunder.com/
If we are lucky enough this will be next gen Bf1942. It has proven itself allready and be a game worth of attention.

To current state of Battlefield series, it might be smart move to expand to other games too.
CS:GO, ArmA3 etc... Just my five cents.

+Quote Post
Sabumnim
post 22 Feb 2013, 07:05
Post #7

Leader

As for the question about the design and version.
There has been no progress in getting updated the forum to a newer version, so we'll stick with the one we have for a while.
As for the design. The plans are to keep it the same, or similar.
There might be a change while the forum is beeing updated, but it might be a while until that will happen.

And as I wrote in the first post.
Please keep the posts within the topic, and don't use this thread as a place for duscussion.

- Sabumnim -

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grasli
post 22 Feb 2013, 17:31
Post #8

Løytnant
Clan: HV016
Clan role: 2nd Boss

BF2: Grasli
BF BC2: Grasli
BattleField 3: Grasli

QUOTE (Sabumnim @ 22 Feb 2013, 07:05) *
As for the question about the design and version.
There has been no progress in getting updated the forum to a newer version, so we'll stick with the one we have for a while.
As for the design. The plans are to keep it the same, or similar.
There might be a change while the forum is beeing updated, but it might be a while until that will happen.

And as I wrote in the first post.
Please keep the posts within the topic, and don't use this thread as a place for duscussion.

- Sabumnim -

Okay, fine wink.png
And why does the forum need updating to a newer version? Maybe this is old, but so what? Its one of the best forums out there that I know of, in terms of both functionality and design. The same with the old EA UK Forum, that was good as well.
Just take a look at Battlelog now... what a shitty piece of a forum! shocked.png hmm.png

Unless it got something to do with security and that kind of stuff though, I'll understand that.. wink.png

Okay, thats what I wanted to know, as I see no point in changing the design as THIS is what I think of when I hear the words "Battle.no". And not to forget the fact that its so easy to use as well... easy to use, clean look.. works for me! grin.png

QUOTE (Aru @ 22 Feb 2013, 05:41) *
To current state of Battlefield series, it might be smart move to expand to other games too.
CS:GO, ArmA3 etc... Just my five cents.

+1.. wink.png

This post has been edited by Grasli: 22 Feb 2013, 17:33

--------------------

--> taken from old EA UK Forum <--
Good ol' times;

+Quote Post
Sabumnim
post 25 Feb 2013, 00:37
Post #9

Leader

@Grasli: It's a security issue.

@Svarstad: Lots of good inputs.

Anyone else want to contribute with thoughts and ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
BearH
post 25 Feb 2013, 11:08
Post #10

Major

youtube and streams are the nr 1 medias to get attention outside the servers and forums these days. we should find a way to express us at these medias

--------------------

Fly gutta som er på Oman er en del dårligere enn de på Dalian syns jeg da, etter 451 timer public på Oman. :ninja: Derfor jeg henviste Dalian pilotene som Leet Pilots. ;)

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 25 Feb 2013, 11:23
Post #11

Fenrik

origin got some livestream feature. Maybe we should explore some of that, and how we can use it in a event, with knutlb. Ive been testing it towards twich.tv and its a bit laggy, and crashes the game, sometimes. But i will check it out later today or this week, i think it was possible to stream to a youtube account aswell.

Or at very least, we can equip ourselves with some free recording tool, and collect the clips after, to make a video of it, or a frag movie or something. there is a lot of good recoring progs for free.
Im about to make a fragmovie, as well ;p

i try to use my twitter and facebook to adv. battle.no and tv2 servers. And added alot of ppl to the facebook group, also it will be more updated when things start happening in battle.no, today i posted a link to knutlb's war ;p

This post has been edited by svarstad: 25 Feb 2013, 11:28

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Johans
post 25 Feb 2013, 12:22
Post #12

Major
Clan: (www.)no-clan-zocker(.de)
Clan role: Zocker, Admin

BF2: Johans*NORDIC
BF BC2: Johans
BattleField 3: JohansNORDIC

QUOTE (svarstad @ 25 Feb 2013, 11:23) *
...today i posted a link to knutlb's war ;p

...wich can only be seen when registered and logged into battle.no. just to let you know in case you dont happy.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 25 Feb 2013, 12:40
Post #13

Fenrik

a good reason to register on battle.no then grin.png

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Johans
post 25 Feb 2013, 12:50
Post #14

Major
Clan: (www.)no-clan-zocker(.de)
Clan role: Zocker, Admin

BF2: Johans*NORDIC
BF BC2: Johans
BattleField 3: JohansNORDIC

true grin.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 25 Feb 2013, 12:55
Post #15

Fenrik

but i forgot to write that its a test thingy, and its not live until tomorrow before midnight. as gummirev pointed out to me. so i added a little comment to it.

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
BearH
post 25 Feb 2013, 14:07
Post #16

Major

Well everybody loves stats?
Maybe we could extract stats from a "TV2/battle.no -Marathon-table"

From there we could have weekly competitions like top knifer, top HS, top capping a flag, -with small prices from sponsors.

List of community-made plugins:
https://forum.myrcon.com/showthread.php?107...sed-Plugin-List

For one server or for all TV2-server....

--------------------

+Quote Post
svarstad
post 25 Feb 2013, 14:21
Post #17

Fenrik

nooo!!! no top knifer, its going to ruin my battlefield kd an all other stats ;p

cause im a SAmuraiiii!!! grin.png

--------------------

SAmuraiii!!!

+Quote Post
Luuft
post 25 Feb 2013, 14:49
Post #18

Løytnant
Clan: Victrix Legion

May I also ask the question why the Battle.no Facebook group is not open? It should have been a site, not a group imo, to publish Battle.no even more.

+Quote Post
Sabumnim
post 25 Feb 2013, 17:57
Post #19

Leader

battle.no facebook side

--------------------

+Quote Post
cri74
post 25 Feb 2013, 18:11
Post #20

Oberstløytnant
Clan: HeliX, Victrixlegion
Clan role: 92 - NK

BF2: Hx.cri74
BattleField 3: cri74cri

This would be the correct URL http://www.facebook.com/battle.no

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 21:07
Public TeamSpeak : speak.battle.no | Forum : forum.battle.no
Join the volunteer TV2 Battle.no team.